Mr. Edgar A. Grajeda Muñoz is a partner of González Calvillo’s Litigation Practice Group since 2004 up to date; Mr. Grajeda is a lawyer specialized in civil, commercial, administrative and real estate controversies, before Federal and Local Courts of Mexico City and of different states of the Republic; he has participated in several amparo proceedings and commercial arbitrations, as well as matters of international judicial process cooperation.
The legal practice of Mr. Grajeda include the attention of litigation and controversies in civil, commercial and administrative law matters, real estate, international judicial process cooperation, comparative law, commercial arbitration procedures and amparo proceedings, among others.
Representative Legal Matters
• He has represented clients in relevant judicial procedures of commercial, civil and administrative law matters, in Mexico City and in several states of the Republic, including international judicial process cooperation and enforcement of foreign judgments in Mexico.
• He has represented clients in several bankruptcy procedures.
• He has also represented clients in judicial procedures being handled simultaneously in Mexico, United States of America and Canada.
• He has rendered legal opinions in several matters of law.
• He has participated in due-diligences in connection with civil and commercial litigation.
• He has participated in the liquidation process of banking institutions.
• He has been involved in commercial arbitration processes before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and Canaco, as well as participated in enforcement procedures of arbitration awards before judicial authorities.
Education and Experience
Edgar studied law at the Universidad de Monterrey; was admitted to practice law in Mexico in 1994; took Postgraduate Studies in Business Law in the ITAM in 1996, Postgraduate Studies in Criminal Law at the Universidad Panamericana in 1997 and a speciality in Amparo law and proceedings in 2004. Born in Mexico City, 1970. Languages: Spanish (native); English (proficient). Edgar Grajeda has more than 15 years of experience handling cases before state and federal courts, arbitration panels and administrative agencies. Mr Grajeda focuses his practice in complex litigation and complex business litigation and also has experience in bankruptcy, restructuring, insolvency, prosecution and defense of fraudulent conveyance actions, fiduciary litigation and many other types of contested actions. His practice includes trying and representing clients in civil, commercial and administrative procedures before all kinds of governmental authorities and entities as well as constitutional remedies (amparo).
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados – Member.