Alfredo Chávez G. received his law degree from the Universidad Panamericana (Mexico City) in 1997 and has coursed postgraduate degrees in Tax Law from the Universidad Panamericana (Mexico City). Alfredo Chavez Goyeneche has been with Gonzalez Calvillo, S.C. since 1997, and a partner thereof since 2002.
Mr. Chávez has been involved in rendering legal advise to multinational and Mexican companies in all types of franchising, real estate transactions, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, strategic alliances, restructurings, contracts, agreements, project financing, investments, antitrust regulation, public bids and regulatory issues in general.
Representative Legal Matters
• Representation of Lowe’s Home Centers and its Mexican subsidiaries in several multimillion dollar transactions for the acquisition of various retail properties as part of their expansion process into Mexico.
• Representation of Mexico Retail Properties in connection with the acquisition and development of various shopping centers in Mexico city, and other cities in Mexico such as Acapulco, Chihuahua, Veracruz, among others, as well as the further negotiation and implementation of leases for the lessees thereof.
• Representation of La Vista Club de Golf, in the sale of certain tracts of land within the “La Vista Vallarta” golf and real estate development to Horizons at Vista Vallarta, for the construction and development of several condominium towers to be sold as fractional ownership, including working in the construction of access roads and infrastructure to benefit the entire development, and creation of security interests in favor of seller to guarantee the completion of such infrastructure.
• Representation of Grupo Promotor Jomer in the preparation, negotiation and execution of a long-term multimillion dollar lease agreement with Maxcom Telecomunicaciones for the leasing of AAA real estate at Santa Fe in Mexico City. Representation of Inmobiliaria Arel in the preparation, negotiation and execution of a long-term multimillion dollar built-to-suit lease agreement with Ford Motor Company in Mexico City.
• Representation of Reichmann International in the development, implementation and construction of Torre Mayor, including the negotiation and execution of a US$90 million Credit Facility with Scotiabank Inverlat and The Bank of Nova Scotia, and further separate negotiations of formal, long-term, multimillion dollar contracts with Deloitte & Touche, Marsh Brockman & Schuh, Barclays, First Data, Hewlett-Packard México, Mckinsey & Company México, IXE Financial Group, etc., to lease in the aggregate approximately 77,000 square meters of AAA office space in Torre Mayor.
• Representation of McDonalds USA with regards to the new master franchise structure for Latin America the updating of the entities related to the latter, including further real estate restructuring of Mexican real estate assets.
• Act as external counsel for the corporate, franchise and real estate matters for several franchisees and franchisors in Mexico, such as Dunkin’ Donuts, Baskin Robbins, etc.
• Act as general outside counsel for CBRE real estate and corporate transactions in Mexico.
Education and Experience
Mr. Chavez obtained a J.D, by the Universidad Panamericana, in Mexico City.
Professional Associations and Memberships
• French-Mexican Chamber of Commerce and Industry – Member
• Mexican Bar Association