Antonio De Lisi is Of Counsel at González Calvillo, S.C. and has over 12 years of experience in cross-border and domestic financings, energy and infrastructure development transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
His practice is focused on cross-border and domestic financing transactions, including project, corporate, trade and structured financings, and the representation of private and public sector entities in cross-border and domestic joint venture and project development transactions, including in connection with the structuring of and participation in public tenders for major energy and infrastructure projects and the negotiation of joint venture and other investor agreements, commercial supply and off-take agreements, operating agreements, and engineering, procurement and construction contracts. He also represents clients in mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations and other strategic investments.
Representative Legal Matters
• Represented a Mexican development bank in connection with the development of a master loan guarantee program to guarantee loans underwritten by US financial institutions.
• Represented a Mexican oil company in a series of senior secured structured financings to fund the acquisition of two offshore jack-up drilling units with a combined value in excess of US$400 million, a portfolio of onshore drilling rigs with a combined value of US$145 million, and two modular drilling units for the development of offshore activities with a combined value of US$229 million, as well as in the negotiation of the related EPC contracts.
• Represented a US refining company in the refinancing of its senior secured credit facilities with an aggregate of US$1.85 billion senior secured revolving and term credit facilities.
• Represented the project company in a US$4 billion project financing covered by export credit insurance to increase the production levels in an oil field, as well as in related joint venture, crude oil offtake and EPC negotiations.
• Represented the administrative agent and collateral agent in connection with the restructuring of the approximately US$200 million project financing of a 425 MW natural gas-fired plant located in the United States.
• Represented an oil company in connection with a US$1.7 billion credit facility to finance the development of an upstream and downstream integrated greenfield project.
• Represented an oil company in connection with the restructuring of four project financings with a combined value in excess of US$5 billion.
• Represented an oil company in the development of integrated oil projects for the extraction and upgrading of crude oil, including in connection with negotiations for the formation of the joint ventures, commencement of commercial activities, financing for early-stage activities and preparations for project financings, including the negotiation and establishment of complex offshore and onshore trust and non-trust account structures.
• Represented an oil company in the US$1.1 billion BOOT contract for the engineering, construction, operation and acquisition of a floating production storage and offloading unit (FPSO) operating in the Gulf of Mexico.
• Advised the Ministry of Energy of a Latin American country in connection with the structuring and development of an international tender of two upstream oil projects.
• Represented an energy company in the negotiation of joint ventures for the development of crude oil extraction, refining and marketing projects as well as in other projects for the development of associated infrastructure.
• Represented a US refining company in a transaction to lease, refurbish and operate an idled refinery in the Caribbean.
• Represented a Mexican hospitality company in a liability management and refinancing transaction consisting of a Rule 144A/Regulation S capital markets offering of US$350 million of senior notes and a concurrent tender offer for any and all of its existing senior notes.
• Represented a US refining company in a 144A/Regulation S offering of US$300 million senior secured notes.
• Represented an energy company in the US$1.6 billion sale of its 50% participation in four refineries in Germany.
• Represented the buyer in its US$1.9 billion acquisition of a majority stake in a major Latin-American steelmaker.
• Represented the buyer in its US$850 million acquisition of a power company via simultaneous tender offers in the United States and Latin America for all of the American Depositary Shares and shares of the company.
• Represented the buyer in its US$1 billion acquisition of a Latin American telecommunications company via simultaneous tender offers in the United States and Latin America for all of the American Depositary Shares and shares of the company.
Prior to joining González Calvillo, S.C. in October 2017, Mr. De Lisi was a Partner (2017) and Counsel (2012-2016) of Curtis Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle, S.C. in Mexico City and an Associate at their New York office for six years (2006-2012).
• Master of Laws (LL.M.) from Columbia Law School (2006)
• Licenciatura en Derecho (LL.B.) with honors from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (2005)