Eduardo Miravete is a seasoned international intellectual property lawyer with expertise in all aspects of intellectual property law, including trademark and patent enforcement, consulting, litigation, assignments, M&A, licenses and franchise agreements. For over 16 years he has worked closely with large law firms around the world, as well as with multinationals, several of which are Fortune 500. Mr. Miravete is highly skilled in the acquisition and divestment of intellectual property assets.
Specialized in intellectual property matters such as IP patent and trademarks prosecution, IP assignments, M&A, franchises, trademark and patent enforcement, copyrights, among others. Has led several international due diligence reviews for the acquisition and/or sale of all types of intellectual property rights. Has worked on developing strategies, advising on tax issues, carrying out civil, administrative and criminal litigation, developing measures to protect intellectual property rights and prevent piracy, preparing, filing, maintaining and enforcing all types of intellectual property rights, protecting confidential information through non-disclosure agreements, obtaining health registrations with the Department of Health for food, beverages, drugs and other products, as well as domain names.
Representative Legal Matters
• Advised Bunzl PLC, a FTSE listed company in different intellectual property matters arising from two separate multi-million dollar acquisitions of the 100% of Espomega, S.A. de C.V. and Propepta S.A.
• Advised S&M Nano-Biotechnology, a dietary and supplement company, in the development and protection of their IP rights in Mexico and abroad.
• Advised Macy´s West Stores, Inc., the well know department store, with legal strategies to protect their IP rights.
• Prepared license agreements, technology transfers and technical assistance agreements for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, involving more than 600 trademarks.
• Prepared the assignment agreements and license agreements for The Coca-Cola Company, involving more than 400 national and international trademarks.
• Advised J. Walter Thompson in trademark dispute with Ford Motor Company.
• Advised Möet Hennessy Mexico S.A. de C.V. in IP commercial matters.
• Advised The Coca-Cola Company in an advertisement campaign regarding the use of image and copyrights of several important Mexican characters, such as Pedro Infante, Cantinflas, the wrestling Blue Demon, among others.
• Managed the intellectual property portfolio of national and international companies.
Education and Experience
• The University of Liverpool, LLM 2003, International Business Law.
• Universidad Iberoamericana, Diploma in Corporate Law 2001.
• Universidad Anahuac, Attorney at Law, 2000.
• Legal Manager for Astra Zeneca, 2011 - 2012
• Associate with the Law Firm of Basham, Ringe y Correa, S.C. 2000-2011
English and Spanish
Professional Associations and Memberships
• Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa Colegio de Abogados
• Asociación Interamericana de la Propiedad Intelectual
• International Trademark Association (INTA)
• Asociación Mexicana para la Protección de la Propiedad Intelectual