Hernando Becerra is part of Gonzalez Calvillo’s Corporate Finance Practice Group. Mr. Becerra has participated in numerous cross-border financing and merger and acquisition transactions over the last 10 years, with a focus on the infrastructure sector.
Mr. Becerra’s practice includes advising developers and banks in infrastructure financing transactions. In addition, he has participated in mergers and acquisitions advising local or foreign investors in their investments in Mexico. Moreover, his experience includes representing initial purchasers and issuers in international and domestic securities offerings, with an emphasis on cross-border transactions in a variety of industries, including energy, banking, agriculture and infrastructure.
Representative Legal Matters
• Representation of global fund manager, IFM Investors, in the negotiation and execution of a stock purchase agreement to acquire a 25% equity interest in Organización de Proyectos de Infraestructura, a wholly-owned subsidiary of OHL Mexico, S.A.B. de C.V., one of the main infrastructure operators in Mexico, for approximately US$600 million
• Counsel to Mexico Power Group, a leading developer of wind farm projects in Mexico, in the US$215 million financing to build the 103 MW “La Bufa” wind farm in Zacatecas, Mexico, which included the acquisition of a majority stake in the project company by First Reserve
• Represented Dhamma Energy Management, a French-Spanish developer and asset manager of photovoltaic assets, in the sale of two of its Mexican Subsidiaries to SunPower Corporation Mexico
• Represented HSBC Bank USA, NA, as agent, in the implementation of a Mexican collateral package securing a multi-national financing incurred by Nord Anglia Education Finance LLC that includes a term loan agreement for approximately US$900 million, a revolving loan of approximately US$125 million and the 5.75% Senior Secured notes due 2022
• Counsel to Grupo Fertinal, the largest fertilizer producer in Mexico, and its shareholders in the US$680 million sale of 100% of its equity
• Representation of Mexican information-technology leader, KIO Networks, on its global 144A-Reg S note issuance for US$500 million with Citigroup, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley, acting as joint book runners and Barclays acting as co-manager, to leverage a portion of its acquisition of technology and telecommunications rival RedIT (MetroNet)
Associate, González Calvillo, S.C., Mexico City, Mexico (re-joined on September 2014)
Foreign Associate, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, LLP, New York, United States (August 2014 - October 2011)
Ritch Mueller, S.C., Mexico City, Mexico (2010 - 2002)
Pending Admission to the New York Bar
Master of Laws LL.M., University of Texas, Texas, United States (2009)
Law Degree, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico (2006)