Tax and Administrative:
- The defense of several “amparo” proceedings against the asset tax, the flat tax, the portability of the pension fund subaccount of ISSSTE, among many others (as well as overseeing more than 150 thousand tax related trials annually).
- The strategy and execution for securing USD$220 Million from Zhenli Ye Gon (an international white collar crime criminal) and its re-installment into the Federal Treasury before the corresponding trial concluded, as well as its distributions between the Supreme Court, the Attorney General's Office and the Ministry of Health.
- The resolution of the Kansas City Southern of Mexico (formerly TFM)’s case on taxable trial for nearly MXN$10 Billion.
Telecommunications and Antitrust:
- The concentration procedure of the subsidiaries of Grupo Televisa, Cablemas, Cablecom, and other cable companies.
- Representation of AT&T/Iusacell before the Mexican Supreme Court in the legal proceedings related to the application of the VAT zero tax for the Roaming International Services obtaining a favorable decision to AT&T/Iusacell.
- Representation of Telefonica before the Mexican Supreme Court in the juicio de amparo related to the application of the VAT zero tax for the Roaming International Services
Banking and Finance Systems:
- The regulation for the operation of the Bank-Shops (Bancos-Tienda), the Total Annual Cost, the credit transparency, banking correspondents and money laundering, among others.
- The final report addressed to the Chamber of Representatives regarding the Banking Rescue Process.
- Participation in the working groups for several amendments to the Credit Institutions Law, particularly the bank resolutions scheme, and the entire financial reform of 2002.
Mr. Mancera holds a Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy degree from The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University in Boston, Massachusetts, United States and a law degree (J.D. equivalent) with the highest honors (summa cum laude) from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico City, Mexico.