Octavio Delgado MoralesOf Counsel
- Areas Banking and Finance, Corporate, Energy, Oil, Gas and Power Generation, Government Procurement, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Project Finance and Infrastructure, Real Estate.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone +(5255) 5202-7622
Octavio A. Delgado is a member of González Calvillo’s Mergers & Acquisitions / Transactional Practice Group. Mr. Delgado has wide experience as a corporate and transactional lawyer and has actively partaken in complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions, vastly acting as head counsel. Mr. Delgado was also the General Legal Counsel to the 5th largest multiplex operator in the world, with over 2,000 movie screens. Mr. Delgado has acted as counsel in numerous cross-border transactions, financings and acquisitions over the last twenty years.
Mr. Delgado has been successfully trusted with significant cross-border transactions, project finance deals and acquisitions. His expertise in M&A, real estate projects, joint ventures and strategic alliances is vast. Besides, while acting as General Legal Counsel, Mr. Delgado lead cross-functional, multi-disciplined teams, ensuring the achievement of corporate goals, of successful strategic negotiations, and implementation of complex company contracts. He has actively taken part in numerous projects.
Representative Legal Matters
• Acted as external counsel to Crédito Maestro in the financing of credit portfolios and their corresponding legal structures.
• Represented Corporación Interamericana de Entretenimiento (CIE) in the MXP$255 million sale of its amusement park division.
• Acted as external counsel to PEMEX in the issuance of public debt instruments.
• Represented DaimlerChrysler de Mexico Holding in the implementation of a program of certificados bursátiles (notes) for up to US$200 million.
• Acted as counsel to Export Development Canada in a US dollar denominated facility to SLP MI Integración a San Luis Potosi, Mexico based company for the acquisition of equipment.
• Represented Corporación Mexicana de Inversiones de Capital in its investment in several private equity funds in Mexico and Latin America.
• Acted as counsel to The Original Creators Miami in the credit line provided by Citicorp USA for the construction of The Wannado City amusement park in Sunrise Mills, Florida.
• Represented Export Import Bank of the United States and Inter-American Development Bank in a US dollar denominated facility for the construction of the 601MW Bajío power generation plant.
Education and Experience
Mr. Delgado holds a Master of Laws degree from the New York University, School of Law; a Postgraduate Studies degree in Taxation from the Universidad Panamericana (UP); a Diploma in Commercial Law from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) and obtained a J.D. from the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM). He has been an associate in Mexico’s recognized law firms and General Legal Counsel to Cinepolis (a multiplex operator).
Spanish (Native language)
English (Highly proficient)
Member of the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Facultad de Derecho Alumnae Society.