Oscar G. Moreno Silva has over 20 years of experience representing developers, lenders, sponsors, investors and other project participants in relation to the development, financing, construction and operation of a wide range of capital-intensive projects in Mexico and abroad including projects in the energy, liquefied natural gas and water sectors and public-private partnership (PPP) infrastructure projects.
Mr. Moreno counsels domestic and foreign clients in all phases of projects, including structuring, contract negotiation, financing and post-financing matters, including restructurings and acquisitions. His experience includes financings that involve the participation of multilateral and export credit agencies.
• Infraestructura Energética Nova, in the US$852m acquisition of the largest wind farm projects in Mexico, Ventika I and Ventika II, from Fisterra Energy, a Blackstone company (NYSE:BX)
• Telefónica as offtaker in a Power Supply Agreement (PSA) entered into with BAS Project Corporation, El Rollo Solar, and Juarez Renovables
• Mexico Power Group (Anglo-American private equity group) in the renewables joint venture with First Reserve for the US$215m financing to build the 130MW “La Bufa” wind farm in Zacatecas, Mexico
• Dhamma Energy Management in the sale of two of its Mexican subsidiaries, Tampico Solar and Proteus Solar to SunPower Corporation Mexico
• Hidrocarburos del Sureste in its EPC contract for the design, construction and start-up of a marine off-shore hydrocarbon storage terminal
• PEMEX, PGPB (TAG) and PMI International, as sponsors, in the approximately US$1.1b project for the development, construction, financing, operation and ownership of the approximately 287 kms Los Ramones Phase II-South natural gas transportation pipeline, which is being developed in association with GDF. This deal was named “Americas Oil and Gas Deal of the Year” for 2014 by Thompson Reuters, as well as, named Latin American Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year by IJ Global
• Sener Ingeniería y Sistemas and Senermex Ingeniería y Sistemas as part of a sponsor consortium in a US$476m EPC Contract for the engineering, procurement and construction of a combined cycle plant for CFE
• Ductos El Peninsular, a joint venture of Hidrosina, PMI Comercio Internacional (a PEMEX subsidiary) and Trafigura, in the development, construction, financing, operation and ownership of a 350km pipeline project and related storage facilities, for transportation of gasoline, diesel and lubricants in the Yucatán Peninsula
• Senermex Ingenieria y Sistemas in its joint venture with Bonatti, S.p.A. for the approximately US$100m construction of two compression stations to be located in Northern Mexico
• SENER/Bonatti consortium, as EPC contractors, in the negotiation of an approximately US$85m EPC Contract for the construction of the 114 kms Los Ramones Phase I natural gas transportation pipeline for Gasoductos del Noreste
• Senermex Ingeniería y Sistemas in a US$122m EPC Contract for the construction of a 142MW cogeneration plant for Afranvent (a subsidiary of Cryoinfra)
Education and Experience
• Obtained a J.D. degree (cum laude) from the Universidad Panamericana (2002).
• Worked as in-house counsel for Techint from 1997 to 2008.