The Banking and Finance Regulation Group is one of the largest of the firm, with more than 40 professionals.
Our team provides comprehensive legal and regulatory advice to domestic and foreign clients in relation with all aspects of the banking and financial sector, across regulated and unregulated industries.
We represent lenders and borrowers in domestic and cross-border transactions, including several major national and foreign banking and finance institutions, investment banks, underwriters, private investment funds, foreign asset management companies, agencies and representation offices of foreign banks to comply with all Mexican regulatory aspects.
Our practice has developed award-winning solutions in:
- Secured and unsecured commercial lending, securitization, secured financing, syndicated loans, restructuring, asset financing, sales and purchase transactions and trusts.
- Structuring and expansion of banking and financial institutions, branches and subsidiaries.
- Financing and refinancing, including cross-border financings involving project funding and infrastructure, in diverse sectors and complex transactions, which require the design of financial strategies.
- Issuance of debentures, commercial paper, promissory notes and other debt instruments, in both the domestic and international markets.
- Structuring, negotiation and implementation of capital markets and securities transactions, including equity deals such as initial public offerings and transactions with depositary receipts.
- Creation of investment funds, mortgage backed securities and other similar securities.
The GC finance team excels on:
- Acquisition Finance
- Aircraft Finance
- Banking & Finance Litigation
- Financial Services & Regulation
- Loans & Credit Facilities
- Leveraged Acquisitions and Financing
- Mandatory and Voluntary Tender Offers
- Private Equity
- Privatizations (Take-Private Offers)
- Real Estate Finance
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Securitization & Structured Finance
- Trade & Export Finance
- Trusts and Estates