The firm’s solution centered approach allows us to advise clients in all matters related with the regulatory and commercial aspects of products and services, with focus in consumer protection matters, both from the advisory and legal defense standpoint.
Our lawyers have developed expertise:
- Counseling product and service providers to comply with applicable consumer protection provisions, including the preparation and registration of standard form contracts and warranties thereof.
- Compliance of commercial information of products and services, including labeling, with applicable regulations and Mexican Official Standards.
- Review and assessment of their advertising activities, to verify full compliance with applicable framework, such as the review of terms and conditions of raffles and promotions, comparative advertisement, unfair competition, mandatory notices, and authorizations thereof.
- Representation of clients in procedures before the Consumer Protection Prosecutor (Procuraduría Federal de Protección al Consumidor – PROFECO), including complaints filed by consumers, and conciliatory procedures.
- Administrative and judicial procedures related with sanctions imposed by administrative authorities.